Sunday, November 10, 2013

The Unborn


On my days of boredom, a chicken farmer celebrated the arrival of his newly hatched chickens. Fascinating.

Some of the eggs, however, did not hatch so he had the remaining ones cooked. Nobody wanted to eat the gruesome results after peeling the shells off. It was like a slideshow of the stages of life. A yolk-less egg up to a fully formed chick. Fascinating.

I asked if I could keep the latter. I kept the unborn organism in a jar and someone suggested that I preserve it by crushing some tablets and mixing it in liquid. Fascinating.

I kept the bird for a couple of days and admired its state. I felt like a scientist. I even shared the sight to some people. How could they not admire it? It was... fascinating.

One day, I checked up on the creature and it broke into pieces. No fun. I prefer it whole. So, I had the jar's contents thrown and the jar itself disposed of. It was still a good day I guess...

No comments :

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews