Monday, January 20, 2014

Mr. Moth


One morning on a day of boredom, I found the classroom way too noisy before the start of classes. My classmates seem to be panicky over some invisible force that haunts the room. And then, it hit me.

It was a moth. Just as equally panicky as them. And it settled on my knee. Look, I didn't want to disturb the little guy, so, I just left him there and named him Mr. Moth. I was careful not to crush the vulnerable creature. My pacing even looked awkward as he would move around my left leg seemingly testing my patience and respect for all (okay, not all) lifeforms.

For one subject, we had to leave the classroom and head to the AVR which was on the other side of school. I limped all the way. In the cold room, Mr. Moth took shelter behind my knee. Great, I can't even move that leg for the entire lecture. After that, it was time to limp back to the classroom. And yes, my classmates took notice of my oddity. (Which should be obvious by now.)

Noon was getting near. Finally, Mr. Moth flew off freeing me of this suffering.

Then, my classmates' panic was restored. It was as if I was the chosen one with the task of bearing the burden of sealing all the world's horrors. So, I went to the epicenter of anxiety and found... Mr. Moth crushed on the floor. OMGOMGOMGOMG NNNOOO!!!! NOT MR MOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I took off my ID and scooped him off the floor unsticking him from what I presume was his leaking innards. His wings were moving really fast. I took it as a moth's way of calling for an ambulance. I let him rest on my desk. I didn't know what to do. It's not like there was any bug doctor nearby.

My seatmate looked at my guest as I ponder on Mr. Moth's condition.

"Is he gonna be alright?" she asked.
"I don't know." I replied.

The goo around him seems odd. He didn't really lose any body part. I started to scrape it off of him to the disgust of my seatmate who now looked away. She probably thought I was doing moth surgery. And then, it hit me.

Mr. Moth was actually Mrs. Moth. This goo wasn't her liquefied innards. It was her eggs! After removing some of the goo off her, she suddenly flew away presumably yelling "So long, suckers!"

---------

"What happened to your pet?" my seatmate later asked.
"Mrs. Moth was never my pet." I replied. "I was a host to be devoured by her young when they hatch."

No comments :

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews