Sunday, November 17, 2013

One Last Time

A few hours earlier, my girlfriend texted me to meet her here at the cemetery. I took out my phone to re-read the message. She seems late or maybe I'm just a bit too early.

"You're here!"

I looked at the voice's direction. She finally arrived. We greeted each other with a hug and kissed.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.
"I'm sorry," she said. "I know you have somewhere important to go to..."
"Huh?"

I was shocked. How did she know that I have an appointment later? Tears began to drop from her eyes which were unusually red. Her skin also looked pale.

"Are you okay?" I was getting concerned.
"I may never see you again..." she coughed.
"Why is that?"
"Because... we're not in the same world anymore."

The grass rustled as the wind passed by leaving an eerie echo of nearby crows that flew way. I looked around our venue as she sobbed. The tombstones and crosses made me think.

"You mean...?" I whispered.

Memories of being with her started to flood my mind. I burst into tears. Her smile had always brightened my life. But now, reality will soon take her away from me...

"It's sad that we have to depart..." she said.
"I will miss you." I told her.

We looked at each other's crying eyes. The wind grew harsher accompanied by a thick mist. We kissed for one last time. The fog began to surround us. I could feel a force pulling my grip away from her.

"Goodbye!" I heard her.
"I love you!" I yelled.

But she was already gone.

---------

I see a staircase before me leading to the sky. By now she's at my funeral mourning my demise.

As I climbed up higher, I looked down and saw her weeping.

I took my phone out and texted her: "Take care."

No comments :

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews