Friday, November 15, 2013

Bug Bites


From a nest of molded grudge spawns another scorn.
I held the grub in one hand and felt it crawl with its needle legs.
It joins its brethren in the feast of blood as they tear my flesh.
Their only quest is to feed and grow… until the time is right.

Each day, another scorn latches itself unto me.
And every few days, scorn becomes scheme.
I feel fire from within their cocoon of hate.
The silk burns my skin already torn by scorn.
But I must hold them all for the right time.

Another night has arrived, and no more emerged.
There is one scheme for every being that did me wrong.
And all burst from their cocoons with fiery wings.
Now a horde of vengeance surrounds me.

Hexes complete, pact are sealed and the swarm is sent.
A night has passed and I sought peace.
To my surprise, vengeance returned.
In their mouths were pieces of flesh.
My work is done.
But their eyes were fixed at me.
For every scorn I've ever raised, vengeance lashes me back...

No comments :

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews