Tuesday, February 4, 2014

How I Wrote "Deadline"

On a day of boredom, a friend who was majoring in Fine Arts asked if she could use one of my stories as her basis for her art.

Instead, I wrote an entirely new story for her. The title of which was Deadline. If anyone could guess, I originally wrote it to scare her which explains why the main character was a painter.

I pondered on what could possibly be a student's worst nightmare. It seems like some of us are more afraid of project deadlines than low or failing grades. So, Deadline was eventually conceived.

I was texting a friend one night who asked me to tell her a scary story. I've decided to narrate Deadline and retell it from scratch by cellphone.

The thing is, it was around midnight and everyone else was asleep. Almost everything was dark and silent. As I told the story, I froze on my spot shivering. Whoa, my own story actually scared me. At least my friend got scared too. That must be a good thing, right?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews