Thursday, March 20, 2014

Silhouette

I moved in to a new town and brought with me my hobby. With a digital camera in hand, I proceed to take random photos as I explore the neighborhood.

However, I've noticed something odd in my photos. I found strange shadow-like people in almost every one of them. They looked like silhouettes save for the smile on their faces. Their teeth were clearly visible. I look back at the scenery each time I take such pictures and found nobody else around.

As I went about, I've found that some of these shadows have taken notice of my activity. I caught some waving at me in the photos. Their wide smiles were aimed at me.

The number of shadows seem to grow less by late afternoon. At some point, they were no longer present in my photos.

I got back home by evening. I sat on a couch in the living room to examine the pictures. I'm pretty sure that there was nothing wrong with my camera. But just to be sure, I took a random shot inside the house.

I was shocked. There were shadow people in the photo. They were inside my house. I took another photo and then another. Now, some of them began to pose in front of the camera.

I get it now. They roam outside by day and enter people's homes by night.

I looked at one particular photo. I saw one of them stare at me through the slightly open door of my room with a smile.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews